Sunday 11 September 2016

Wrong Numbers...

Numbers have never been my friend.
It's safe to say that I have little-no natural mathematic ability. 
My brain just isn't wired that way. 
And so, in order to avoid humiliation, I've made it a rule to avoid anything math-y other than the simplest addition, subtraction, and multiplication. (I once achieved the grand total of 7% in a written exam! Yes. Really. )
This weekend, however, in between child wrangling, and aided by a simple how-to session on Youtube, I finally made a start on something I've been avoiding for years...
Spread sheets! 
You know what? It wasn't nearly so terrible as I'd been expecting. 
Once I'd arranged all my columns, it was then just a matter of entering the correct numbers into each box (or 'cell'!) and pressing the 'sum' squiggle thingie to get my total. 
Easy as pie! 
It's worth noting that up until this weekend, I hadn't the foggiest idea of how many books I've been shifting. I'd guessed I'd shifted maybe 30k or so of all my titles combined.
 Hah. How wrong was I?
Since January this year - get this! - I've moved 32k of book one alone. Yes. That's thirty-two thousand books in nine months. Wow!
Granted, 'Hemlock's a permafree and it'll probably never float to the top of most people's ereader TBR piles, but even so, I find this figure  staggering. 
If only I could translate this success over to my paid books, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!