Wednesday 5 November 2014

Nano News...

Hey all. How's your week behaving so far? :)

Here's my news: I might not be posting as much on FB this month as I've decided to accept the Nanowrimo challenge in order to get a head start on book three.

50,000 words in a month? Is that even doable? Watch this space. :)

The key to having a successful Nano', imo, lies in the ability to ignore your inner editor, disregard all the grammar and punctuation rules you ever learned, and just go for it. Whang those words down on the page as quickly as possible and move on to the next one.

Thing is, I'm constantly battling with my inner editor. I'm the kind of writer who can spend a whole day attempting to make a paragraph look pretty, but now that I can't--not if I hope to finish in time!--the process is almost painful. Still, my daily word count is rising, so I must be getting into the swing of things, albeit SLOWLY!

I just have keep telling myself that I can make it look pretty on the second draft. *sigh*

Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!