Thursday 16 October 2014

This isn't a writerly post...

...it's much more important.

I've just returned from having my first mammogram, and because we hear so many tales of how painful and uncomfortable these things are, I thought I'd tell you a bit about my experience.

Okay, having a mammogram will never be on my bucket list, BUT it didn't hurt at all. Not only that, it was much less uncomfortable than I'd expected. [Male readers might want to look away now...]

Put it this way, given the choice, I'd rather have a mammogram than a cervical smear, and it was way more comfortable than when I get my teeth scaled and polished! My pain rating? A big fat zero. Discomfort rating? Two out of ten, maybe even a one.

So there you go. If you get the chance, please have your baps zapped, ladies. It's much better than the alternative. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!