Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Seven Deadly Sins...

Event – The Seven Deadly Sins – Tagged by the lovely ladies over at Moonrise Book Blog..
Greed
1. What is your most expensive book?

I don’t usually spend a fortune on books; I usually get them second hand. But a few years ago I was deep into my Tolkien phase, so my most expensive book would probably be J. R. R. Tolkien’s Illustrated ‘Lord of Rings’. Alan Lee’s illustrations are simply lush!


Wrath
2. What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

I don’t do ‘hate’. Well...not with my fellow authors! :) I do get slightly miffed when my favorite authors don’t write fast enough. Unfortunately, though, most of my favorite writers are dead. (J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen et al.) Bet they’re none too pleased about that either!


Gluttony
3. What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?

What ‘book’? As in singular? Nope. No can do. You can’t make me choose just one book from this list:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte;
Persuasion by Jane Austen;
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen;
Sense and Sensibility by Jane ; (Are you seeing a theme yet?  )
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.

Sloth
4:Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?

Well, my TBR pile is currently teetering, but I can’t say it’s due to laziness. This year has been crazy busy, what with releasing two books, but I aim to remedy that very soon.

Pride
5: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

Hmm... Not that I ever have, but if I wanted to sound intellectual, I’d probably drop ‘Beowulf’ somewhere into the conversation--although I really did enjoy Seamus Heaney’s version! :)

Lust
6: What attributes do you find attractive in a male or female character?

Ooh! I like my men tall, dark, and handsome. Preferably wearing leather and carrying a sword. And a wicked smile and a pair of twinkling eyes are a bonus sure to get the old ovaries applauding!

Envy
7. What book would you most like to receive as a gift?

Well, I wouldn’t say no to a first edition of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ if you’re offering!

Thanks Moonrise girls! I tag anyone who fancies having a go at this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!