Friday 18 July 2014

The big hand's pointing straight up, and the little hand is on the number eleven.

Yay! Vadim o'clock! (OT: 'o'clock' is a weird word, isn't it? I had one of those sudden moments of blankness where I couldn't spell it. But what does it actually mean, o'clock? 'Of the clock'? [/randomness ends] )

Anywho, who's in the mood for a Hemlock teaser? I know I am. :) This one is taken from the start of the book, another of Martha and V's getting-to-know-you moments...



"...Shall we begin again?" He stood before her, hand held over his heart. "Some call me Hemlock, but you may call me Vadim." He bowed his handsome head. "If it is within my power to do so, I will help you find your way home."

"Ch-charmed, I'm sure." Her stomach fluttered. "And I'm Martha, Martha Bigalow." Without thinking, she thrust out her hand. What the heck had she done that for? His old-fashioned manners must have rubbed off on her. "How do you do?" she added for good measure, then cringed.

"I do very nicely, thank you." After a momentary pause, Vadim took her outstretched hand.

Although his skin was rough, his touch was gentle. Warm. A pulse of electricity bolted up her arm. To her amazement, he raised her hand to his lips and brushed it with a feather-light kiss. All the time, those dark, knowing eyes bored into hers.

"'Tis my greatest pleasure to know you, Lady Martha," he murmured against her skin.

For a moment, she forgot to breathe. "J-just Martha will do. Thanks."

What was she thanking him for? Blushing and flustered, she slipped her hand from his.He made no attempt to stop her, but a half-smile played upon his lips. 

Weird hermit, or an escapee from a secure unit? Whatever he was, Vadim knew what he was doing to her. Damn him. Martha shook her head to clear it. What was she thinking? Get a grip, woman.

 *

Even after several dozen passes, I still love that scene! Or is it uncool of me to admit that out loud?

Okay, in other news, my lovelies, next week, I'm finally going to reveal the cover of 'Wolfsbane'.

Is that worth a 'hello', do you think? Or, if you're still shy of me, a smiley face in the comments will do. How about a scowly face? A thumbs up/down? A poop icon? Anything you like!

Enjoy the sunshine this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!