Thursday 24 July 2014

Rest ye and be thankful...

You might imagine I'd be used to this publishing malarky by now. That I'd be sort of blase about it. Wrong! It still hasn't sunk in, and I'm not sure it ever will.

I've been making up stories ever since I was a child--even before I could make those pesky letters form proper words. The moment I could write, there was no holding me back. I was a closet scribbler for decades. Yes. I am THAT old. :)

But in all that time, very few people got to see my stories—only a couple of my besties, and they didn't get to see everything. Some stuff was just too personal (and awful!). A gynae exam would've been less uncomfortable than exposing my 'darlings' to the world.

But here I am. Published. I might have decimated several forests to get here, but I finally did it...the thing I never even dreamed I could do.

It's been a crazy-mad year, so far. The hours simply whizz by, and suddenly there are never enough of them. But sometimes I find the time to stop, to take a breath, and look around. Wow! What an epic journey.

It's a weird feeling, knowing that complete strangers are reading my scribblings, and that they parted with their hard-earned cash in order to do so.

It's a humbling experience.

Thank you for giving me this chance. Whatever happens from now on, I'll do my damndest not to let you down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!