Monday 12 May 2014

A cup o' tea and a slice o' cake!

Sorry about going awol the last few days, but I've been busy getting stuff ready for the arrival of the print version of 'Traveler'. With a bit of luck, and a prevailing wind, it'll be available in paperback by the end of the month. *weary 'Yay'!'* Once that's done, I really need to get my head down and finish book two if I'm to hit my editing deadine.

 Anyhow, I'm about to wander a little 'off piste' for a while. Please bear with me. I won't be long. Here's a question for you: Does anybody recognize the scarecrow character in the photo?


(Award yourself 5 points if you said Worzel Gummidge. Add a fat, shiny gold star to your tally if you remember the actor who played him. *cough...Jon Pertwee...cough*) What the heck does Worzel Gummidge have to do with self publishing, you may ask? Well...nothing at all. For the benefit of those who don't know, old Worzel used to have a collection of interchangeable scarecrow heads which he'd pop on and off to suit the occasion. (No, of course it didn't kill him. He's a scarecrow! )

 A head for every occasion. Can you imagine that!

 I'd love to be able to attach my writer's head every morning (after first taking off my mummy head!). Then, in the afternoon, I could strap on my marketing head for a while.

 What kind of head would you strap on if you had the worzelability? There. I joined the dots. Sort of! Here's a link to an episode where our turnip headed chum tries out a 'handsome' head. Warning! It ain't pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!