Thursday 30 May 2013

Diverting Downton...

It finally got me! And I'd done so well avoiding ITV's mega-successful series. Unfortunately, my most recent bout of illness coincided with discovering 'Downton' was available on NetFlix in its entirety. Damn. What's a girl to do?
 
 

I have to say, I really enjoyed the series. It was quite as good as I'd been led to believe. Once I started watching, I devoured every episode. Now I'm back in the land of the living again.

The ending? Call me awful if you like, but I could only smile. Think about it. New mummy Sybil died of eclampsia, then new daddy Mathew got himself squished. Now, if I was a Downton girl, I'd be very wary of getting pregnant after all this tragedy. The odds of any new baby surviving the next series finale doesn't look at all good!

Beware of becoming clichéd, Mr. Fellowes, talented chap that you are. I should have been shedding tears, not smiling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and wonderful day!